Kimberly Bakker is an event planner and PR professional with years of experience under her belt. In a recent articles she talks about how to plan the perfect holiday party.
- Make lists for everything from the guest list, to the menu, to the to do items.
- Be a gracious host, it helps sets the mood for the entire event. Her tip is when things are getting out of hand, step back and enjoy the celebration and people that have been brought together.
- Use family heirlooms where you can. It will add warmth and nostalgia to the setting.
- Make sure that music is set to a low volume to encourage conversation.
- Help manage family members who may not get along by avoiding competitive games or enlisting the help of another relative to try to interject when things are getting heated.
- While doing everything is tempting for any hostess don’t waive people off when they ask to help. Give them something to do and it will help everything run smoother.
- Instead of mixing drinks all night go for a mixed punch in a punch bowl or dispenser. It still has the fun and class of a mixed cocktail, but without all the extra work.
- Don’t forget about lighting. Go for a cozy feel by lighting a fire or some candles, stringing some twinkly lights and turning on lamps instead of harsh overhead lights.
- Set your budget first and keep within it. The holidays are an expensive time of year so don’t go overboard on a party before you know how much you are willing to spend.
- Prepare as much food ahead of time a possible, then there is more time to enjoy with guests.
- Leave enough time in the schedule to get ready.
- And finally, don’t worry so much! Parties are supposed to be fun and relaxing so try to enjoy.
Kimberly Bakker is a dedicated mother and an entrepreneur with her own business, Kimberly Bakker Events. Her work ethic has mothers everywhere wondering how she does it and how she seems to be flawless in all aspects of life despite her busy schedule. In life and in business, she has a meticulous plan for everything in order to ensure the best results for her loved ones and clients. Visit This Page for related information.
Gazette Day recently published a feature on Kimberly Bakker titled “Kimberly Bakker: Momtrepreneur with a Purpose”. The article was written by Erica Smith to highlight the businesswoman and her dedication to her business.
Follow her on https://twitter.com/kimberlybakker_?lang=en